PliablePress Blog

Tips, News & Previews

PliablePress Closing Down

I’m sorry to say that PliablePress is now closed. If you’ve been with us for a while, this likely comes as little surprise. It’s been a long time since I was able to put a lot of time into our themes, and lately, even the support has suffered badly.

I think that’s the clearest sign that it’s just not fair to keep accepting new signups, so PliablePress is closing down for good now.

I want to thank everyone who has purchased our themes over the past 2 years. It really has been awesome to see so many of you publishing great content with the help of our themes (And especially awesome when yous tweaked and changed to make them totally your own!)

And thank you for all of your support. There have been a lot of kind words and good feedback over that time, which I’m hugely thankful for. I’m just sorry I wasn’t able to keep it up for yous.

There is no good way for me to do this, and I realize that this leaves a number of you in a not-so-great spot, so I’m going to do 3 things:

• 1 – Although I can no longer help with customizations, if you have a major “my site is broken” issue, you can email me at michael@problogdesign.com and I’ll still do what I can to help.
  • 2 – If you signed up between now and the 1st of January, your payment will be refunded in full (Unless you signed up via CoolHandle, as those signups include hosting from our partnership there and your payment was made directly to them, not me).
  • 3 – I am working on other projects, and in thanks to everyone who joined up with us here, you will all get some sort of free access come the time. It’s nothing to do with WordPress themes, so I can’t promise you’ll be interested, but if you are, consider it an apology gift.

And as a last note, to all of our affiliates, I have now paid out all remaining earnings so your account should be fully up to date now. Thank you for all of your help over the 2 years, yous were awesome!

I know that’s still not ideal, but it’s the best I can do. I’m sorry that it has come to this.

I wish you all the best with your sites,
Michael

Newsletter Subscribe

Comments on “PliablePress Closing Down”

1. Menj said:

its sad and i’m planning to buy the framework later this month but I think I’m too late. But good luck to your new project Michael.

13th February 2012 Reply

• Michael Martin said:

Thanks Menj, it’s really nice to hear you were still interested even.

If you like, I’d be happy to send you the files for whichever theme you were interested in? (There wouldn’t be any support though, sorry, so you may be better off in the long run starting with a different premium theme now?)

13th February 2012 Reply

• Menj said:

Hi Mich,

I’m very interested to the “FRAMEWORK” for me to work with it if you will love to share it with me. Because I always make themes from scratch so I think this would be a great help.

Thanks Mich!

Please update us with your latest project as well.

13th February 2012 Reply

• Menj said:

Chameleon framework

13th February 2012 Reply

• Michael Martin said:

Sure thing, I’ve sent you an email now! Hope it comes in handy with some ideas for your theme development work! :)

13th February 2012 Reply

• Menj said:

I received it already, thank you so much! :)

13th February 2012 Reply

2. Pippin said:

So sad to see it close! Whatever you’re working on now, I know it will be great!

14th February 2012 Reply

• Michael Martin said:

Thanks Pippin, I really appreciate the comment. I’m looking forward to showing you what’s next, but I’m learning from my mistakes here first (Mostly making sure it doesn’t suffer from lack of time available, never again!), so it’s still a little while off yet as I round off other commitments.

15th February 2012 Reply

3. redwall_hp said:

That’s too bad. On the plus side, you’ve been featured on WP Candy…

14th February 2012 Reply

• Michael Martin said:

Thanks Matt! That was really awesome of WP Candy (They really are right on the pulse with all news in the WP community. I didn’t expect many people to pick up on this, it had been too long since my last updates!)

15th February 2012 Reply

4. Richard said:

Honest and respectable.
    It is sad though, I was working a deal with a client to work with your Chameleon framework on her sites. She found you by others using it. Beautiful work. It’s a shame this talent won’t be available any more.

16th February 2012 Reply

• Michael Martin said:

Sorry Richard, it’s really nice to hear though that you and your client had liked the themes and were looking at using them.

Things may be starting to look up though. Can’t say too much yet, but it may be worth checking back in another few days.

18th February 2012 Reply

5. Tommy B said:

Michael, I am interested in your ‘Creative Soul’ theme. If you’d still be willing to license it or if you would be willing to offer it via email as you did above, please email me.

Thank you.

20th February 2012 Reply

• Michael Martin said:

Hi Tommy – I’m afraid I can’t offer it over email again now, but you may be able to get it again very soon. Check back in a few days, or email me at michael@problogdesign.com and I can send more info!

21st February 2012 Reply

6. Anurag Chaturvedi said:

Hi Michael,

All the best for your future plans.

Can you please open your Chameleon Framework to carry forward the legacy. There may be very enthusiastic WP developers to continue on your frame work

21st February 2012 Reply

7. Basilakis said:

And now, you will Open Source all your Themes? :-)

21st February 2012 Reply

8. June said:

Hi,
    So can i still continue to use the theme i bought?

June

16th March 2012 Reply

9. Ricky Shah said:

I am sad to hear this. I was one of the few early user of the theme, but slow development was an issue. Anyway, good luck with your new venture.
    I hope you will come back with some other awesome theme or framework, perhaps.

13th October 2012 Reply

10. Mahesh said:

I hope you’ll come back with other theme or framework. I wish to continue legacy of your framework

18th May 2013 Reply

11. UGG Boots Bailey Button Triplet said:

You can easy find Cheap Jordan Shoes to meet your foot.More and more young people becoming interested in sports.And the top quality Cheap Jordans become the hot trend sale way.With suitable jordan basketball shoes,you will quick moves and flexes of the feet.Better you will playing during the game. Find your fond Cheap Air Jordan Shoes here, you will get great surprise from us.
    demy
    phone;0086 15060 386878

22nd September 2013 Reply

12. Erik said:

I just wanted to let you know that I loved using the oracle theme and it is still being used at colts-neck.nj.us

9th April 2014 Reply