What Is Chameleon?
Chameleon is what powers all of our themes. When you purchase any theme, you get a free copy of Chameleon with it. Just buy the theme you want, and in your members area afterward, you’ll see links to download both the theme you bought and Chameleon.
You then upload the Chameleon folder into your WordPress themes folder (Alongside the folder for the theme you bought) and the other theme will know to automatically use all of the functionality from Chameleon.
What Does It Do For Me?
The easiest way to explain it is to show you! Click the images above to watch 3 quick videos walking you through our control panel, you’ll love it because it lets you change so much of your site, all by clicking buttons!
The whole point of Chameleon is to let you control your site, easily. You can customize dozens of things in it, without ever looking near a single piece of code. Everything is done through a simple-to-use control panel. You just click a button and you’re done!
Let’s take some examples of what all you can do, without ever leaving the admin panel!
- Enter all of your social media addresses. Every theme will then add them to your site for you.
- Choose where to put your navbar, and what pages you want on it.
- Add an expanded footer, where you can set all of the content by just dragging on widgets.
- Enable or disable trackbacks (And either way, we’ve separated them from your regular comments for you)
- Control every piece of text on the site (All of your form labels, comment area messages etc. can be set in here!)
- Enable/Disable a featured post slider, and tell it where to get the posts from.
- Use drag and drop to add elements to your postmeta areas (e.g. Want to list the number of comments and the date a post was written, but not show the tags? That’s easy!)
- Add in after-post content, like social sharing options (Digg, Twitter etc.), or even an author bio!
- Control your <title> tags sitewide, so they always show search engines exactly what you want them to show.
Of course, if that all sounds like a hassle to you, you’ll be glad to know that each theme will set its own defaults for you, so you never have to look near this!
Plus 5 Extra Widgets!
We’ve built 5 custom widgets into Chameleon, which you can use in any of our themes. Here’s a quick overview of what they do:
- Ply Subscribe – Adds RSS links, and if you’ve entered your FeedBurner URL in the Chameleon options page, it will even let you add an email subscription form.
- Ply Twitter Search – Embed tweets from any search term. This is a great way to get a steady of feed of content about your niche onto your site.
- Ply Post Loop – Want to list posts from one particular category, or tag? Just enter the category/tag name and how many posts you want to show and that’s it done.
- Ply Search – An improvement over the default search widget, you can set default text for your search box (Which vanishes when the user clicks in it), and choose whether you want the submit button to be shown or not.
- Ply Social – Automatically builds a list of links to all of your social media profiles, using lovely icons designed by Nick La (You can even choose the size of icon to use!).
And the fantastic social icons we use are from Icon Dock.